Obtaining a New Residential Building / Development Permit within the City of Portage la Prairie
- The Building/Development permit application is subject to a minimum two (2) day waiting period while elevations are being determined and plans approved.
- No excavation or construction work will be undertaken until a permit has been issued, as per the City of Portage la Prairie By-law number 7713.
- Obtain permits from the Portage la Prairie Planning District.
- Refer to the Portage la Prairie Planning District Fee Schedule.
- Legal description of the property and Survey Certificate with corner pins marked.
- A site plan of the property indicating location of building (to scale) or buildings on the property and size of the building or buildings.
- A full set of plans for the proposed building, including a stamped engineer’s drawing of the foundation, when required.
- A side view plan of the foundation showing the distance between the top of the footing and the top of finished grade.
- Supply shop drawings for all engineered components. ie. roof & floor trusses, beams etc.
- A deposit of $1,000.00 in the form of cash, cheque, letter of credit or bond, as per City of Portage la Prairie Building By-law number 7713. (Finished Grades)
- Building/Development permit fee is based on total value of construction, including labour.
- Plumbing permits must be obtained by a licensed plumbing firm. A schematic of the plumbing is required.
- Electrical permits obtain through Manitoba Hydro.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
NOTE: This is an approximate list of items that may be required.